AS WELL AS DOING US AN EXCLUSIVE 30 MINUTE MINUTE GARAGE MIX WHICH YOU CAN DOWNLOAD HERE,
WE CAUGHT UP WITH DEJAVU’S EMMA CHAMPION FOR A CHAT ABOUT GARAGE, SHOES AND DJING.
An ex partner is a dj and I started practicing on his decks. I got the bug and bought my own and started buying vinyl to play and taught myself at home.
2. How did you become a Dejavu resident ?
I got my first radio show on DejaVu FM 3 years ago and I’m still there!
3. Where would be your dream venue to play?
An underground club in New York
4. What clothes do you prefer to wear when you play out?
5. If you had 3 vinyls you could save in a fire what would they be?
Three is not enough! But Large Joints Friends, Black Rascals Keeping my mind and The Cheese & Pickle EP
Radio, I’m an introvert so prefer doing my thing like that
7. Vinyls or VIP dubs on CDs
Vinyls every time…
8. What’s the biggest difference between radio and live sets?
No distractions with radio, no stress getting paid and no-one asking for The Jackson 5 whilst you’re playing Spin spin sugar…
9. Do you produce ??
A warehouse party New Years Eve in Old St where half the crowd were naked
Listen in to Emma’s radio show on DejaVu FM Friday nights 10pm till midnight